The Council will be temporarily closing Crown Road between its junctions with Brandon Road and St Nicholas Way, and the High Street between its junctions with Crown Road and Vale Road, immediately after Easter with only one road closure in place at a time.
This is to enable the following to take place…
- Surface water connection to foul drains
- Gas connection to Sainsbury’s site
- Three ducts across the road for “Comms”
- Remodelling of western pavement and new store entrance.
- Install new traffic signals at store entrance.
- Install new traffic signals at Crown Road island
- Resurface High Street carriageway (Crown Rd to Vale Rd)
Contractors will be working long hours and the weekend to ensure that the works are completed as soon as possible to minimise the disruption. The work is planned to be completed before the schools go back ten days later.
Diversions will be via the by pass, though local traffic and buses will go via Bushey Road and Collingwood/Crown Road.
‘No waiting at any time’ restrictions will be introduced in Crown Road on its south-east side between its junctions with Brandon Road and the High Street; and the High Street on its eastern side between its junction with Crown Road and No. 344 High Street, Sutton including suspension of loading bays.