The work on the café on Sutton Green has proved to be more intensive than was planned, but is now nearly complete. The cafe will open at the end of September.
- The first stage of the project was to completely remove all the internal fittings and walls. The old toilets were completely gutted.
- Then the structure was reinforced with steel beams
- Then a completely new roof was fitted.
- Connection to services proved complex, as old water pipes had to be completely removed requiring a connection to a new water source across the Green. New electricity wiring was installed.
- New UVPC doors and windows have been fitted
- The interior is now being fitted out and decorated
The new café will be run by GostoFino, who are experienced at running cafes in the area. The café will have toilets, disabled toilets and baby changing facilities open to non-café users.