by Ruth, Marlene, and Steve on 13 September, 2019
As part of its commitment to make the Borough ‘a great place to live, work and raise a family’, Sutton Council is preparing a bid to Transport for London for funding to make it easier for residents to access Sutton town centre and create stronger neighbourhoods. If successful, we hope to invest in the Borough’s streets and spaces in three key areas:
● Sutton town centre, including the gyratory;
● The area to the southeast of Sutton town centre, bounded by Carshalton Road, Brighton Road and Woodmansterne Road / Beeches Avenue; and
● The area to the north and west of Sutton town centre, bounded by the High Street, Cheam Road, Sutton By pass and Sutton Common Road.
The people who use these streets every day know them best, so we need your help to shape this project. Tell us what you think of your area – what needs improving? Do your local streets feel safe? Would your child like to walk, scoot or cycle to school? Is rat-running traffic a problem on your street? Are you worried about air pollution? Is it easy to access Sutton town centre? Do you need secure cycle parking? The Council wants to hear from you!
For more information the Council has created a webpage and to make it as easy as possible for you to have your say, this includes an online survey for you to provide your comments (which will close on the 20th October):
There will also be ‘drop-in’ events where staff will be on hand to discuss your ideas for developing the project on the following dates:
● Thursday 26th September, 12pm – 2pm, Trinity Square in Sutton High Street
● Thursday 26th September, 5pm – 7pm, outside Sutton Train Station
● Wednesday 9th October, 12pm – 2pm, Trinity Square in Sutton High Street
● Wednesday 9th October, 5pm – 7pm, outside Sutton Train Station
Your chance to help shape the future of your area.Leave a comment