Sutton Council is consulting on parking controls to improve
road safety and access. This should be
the final consultation, and it is important that residents look at the detailed
proposals on the Council maps and comment.
We reported back on earlier consultations here.
This consultation excludes the Aultone Way/ Greenhill/
Woodend area. The concerns raised there
by residents are still being considered.
The current consultation includes:
- Extending the town centre CPZ fully along Benhilton Gardens
- Single yellow lines (operational 9 to 10am Mon – Fr), with free parking bays, for Rosehill Gardens and for Chudleigh and Longford Gardens (with an extended double yellow line down part of the road), to address the problem of all day parking by non-residents.
- Replacing single yellow lines with double yellow lines, and extending them in some cases, on all junctions, to improve sight lines, access and road safety.
The consultation opens on 31 Oct and closes on 21 November
and can be found at the Council website here.
To find the proposals for your or any neighbouring road access the street directory. When you select a road, you get a summary of the changes for that road and a link to the relevant map.
There are three maps that cover our area. Click on the following links to find them
Extension of the Blue town centre CPZ scheme to the end of Benhilton Gardens
Double yellow line and other proposals within the existing Blue CPZ scheme: eg
- Bushey Lane – double yellow line outside nos 6 to 12 and at junction with Rectory Road
- High St – double yellow lines outside shops on the west side
- The Green – change all single to double yellow lines and move parking bays to other side of road
- Sutton Common Road – opposite Aysgarth Court. Introduce partial footway parking, accompanied by double yellow lines.
But there are many other proposals not listed above.
Proposals for the free bays in Rosehill Gardens and Longford/ Chudleigh and for double yellow line and other schemes elsewhere outside the CPZ eg
Rd – double yellow line from corner of Clensham Lane to outside no 10 (one side
of road only)
Rd – single yellow line outside nos 3 to 27 operating Mon-Sat 7am to 8pm
Common Road – double yellow line on west side from Clensham Lane to edge of the
CPZ at Highfields
- Blenheim Road – slight extension of double
yellow line at the bend in the road
- Rose Hill/ Angel Hill – double yellow line all
along west side and extended at junctions on the east side
Grove – double yellow line on one side of the road – changes side half way
Rd – double yellow line on all of north side and at junctions
- All Saints Road – double yellow lines either
side of pedestrian refuge outside Lymington Court, and between Claygate
Court and the school.
There will be two drop in sessions to see the maps and ask
questions of the officers, on Monday, 28 October 2019
Morning session: 9am to 1pm
Sutton Council Civic Offices
St Nicholas Way,
Sutton, SM1 1EA
Evening session: 5pm to 8pm
St Nicholas Way,
Sutton, SM1 1EA
This will be the final consultation on these proposals. Some might affect where you park, so please
make sure you look at the maps and respond on the Council website to the
consultation before 21 November.